Video news on the soy model, Paraguay
Land use and soy expansion
*NEW Cliff Welch on the soy economy in Paraguay Interview with professor Welch about the plans to turn the department of San Pedro into a purely soy region. Soy is needed in Europe and China as fodder, and for agrofuel. But it creates a total disaster in San Pedro and elsewhere.
*Latin American intellectuals about land reform
Some short testimonies of different Latin American scientists about the struggle for land and resistance to soy monocultures, during their field trip parallel to a CLACSO seminar.
- Dr. Bernardo Fernandez in the community of Yvypé on the use of land occupations as the only way for dialogue with the government.
- Flor Edilma Osorio Pérez of the Colombian University of Javeriana expressing her solidarity with the local struggle. October 23rd, 2008, Cuarta Línea, Yvypé.
- Carlos Vacaflores of the Comunidad de Estudios Jaina, Bolivia, during his visit to the camp in Cuarta linea in Yvypè, San Pedro, Paraguay.
- Two Argentinian activists during their visit with CLACSO to the camp in Cuarta lìnea in Yvypè, San Pedro, Paraguay.
* An agro ecological garden in practice A video report about practical ways of maintaining an agro ecological garden on the country side. Campesina Silvana explains in Guarani and Spanish. As the use of pesticides is also present in campesino plots, though at a much smaller scale, they want to promote a more healthy way of production for the campesino family.